- Use on bare skin with massage oil, to reduce friction and improve the gliding motion of the KOAPRO tool; or use over tight clothing. It can be used on most body parts, including feet, back, legs, shoulders, scalp, hands, hips, calves, and shoulders.
- Start with light up-and-down, side-to-side, and diagonal strokes to "warm up" tissue. You can vary the pressure and intensity, as tolerated.
- You can gradually add more pressure to promote a deeper massage. Lighten pressure if you are feeling uncomfortable. A typical session includes 20 progressively deeper passes over each muscle group, with about 30 seconds per area.
- You can use the “fingers” of the tool and the end “thumbs” to apply pressure to relax tension, and the flat edges and handle to smooth over bumpy areas. If a certain spot feels tense, ease into it by massaging all around it and working your way toward the sore area.
- For deep trigger points, you can press in and apply pressure for about 30 to 90 seconds.
- For hard-to-reach areas that might require more pressure, you may also lie on the KOAPRO Fascia Massage Tool, put it against the wall, or use a straight, hard-back chair and lean against it.
- After loosening up focused areas, lightly rub these spots with your hands to promote faster relief.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water before, during, and after your KOAPRO massage to stay well hydrated.
- For best results, please consult with a trained professional to ensure the tool is properly used to address your specific needs.
COMMON NORMAL SIDE EFFECTS
Bruising, temporary muscle soreness and swelling may result and should resolve within a few days. Apply gentle pressure to minimize side effects.
CONTRAINDICATIONS and PRECAUTIONS
Do not use:
On or over a pregnant belly, scars, open skin lesions, scratches, lymph nodes, or carotid arteries.
If you have any history of blood clots, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, congestive heart failure, any blood conditions, use of blood thinners, during acute infections, or while receiving cancer treatments.
On children, pregnant women, or the elderly. This product is not a toy. If not used properly, it may cause harm.
On or near open cuts, lesions, wounds, rashes, or infected areas.
After surgery, unless approved by a physician.
This is not an all-inclusive list. When in doubt, please consult with your healthcare professional.
Never remove the handles or disassemble the KOAPRO Fascia Massage Tool.
KOAPRO wholly disclaims responsibility for any adverse effects and consequences resulting directly or indirectly from the use or misuse of the fascia massage tool.
KOAPRO is made with a high-strength aerospace grade aluminum core, ergonomically-designed soft silicone grip, and massage fingers made of BPA-free German polymers.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
The lifespan of the KOAPRO will depend on the amount of usage and regular proper care.
After each use, clean with mild soap and rinse with water. Allow to air dry or pat with a clean towel.
Store in a cool, dry place out of reach by children or pets when not in use.
DO NOT use abrasive or chemical cleaners.
You may use rubbing alcohol to disinfect surfaces.